Around the web:
Making the public domain Loebs more easily downloadable.
Automatic alignment of books between HathiTrust, Internet Archive, Google Books, etc.
Latin OCR training data and tools for Tesseract.
Fast, static, client-side search and display for the Pleiades gazetteer of ancient places.
Check for common sources of contributor friction across your GitHub repositories.
Client-side mobile-friendly beer calorie calculator with Untappd integration.
Ruby scripts for downloading Flickr photos and associated metadata.
Ruby script for downloading IIIF images.
Ruby script for downloading Deep Zoom images.
Ruby script for backing up your Google Fusion Tables data to CSV.
A geospatial processing extension for OpenRefine.
RotateBake is a Mac app for baking EXIF rotation into images. You know your iPhone images that show up rotated wrong in Safari? Yeah, this fixes that.
Macduff is a tool for finding the Macbeth ColorChecker chart in an image.
Script for adding your GitHub Gists as Pinboard bookmarks, so that you can search your own Gists.
Stylesheets for converting your 37signals/Basecamp Backpack export XML into usable, complete, static local backups.
Copy Basecamp projects between accounts.
Creative Commons licensed manuscript images mirrored on Flickr for redundancy and alternative access methods (API, notes, comments, browsing, etc.).
- Automatic Perspective Correction of Manuscript Images. ICADL 2012.
- The Son of Suda On-Line: Collaborative editing and workflow tool. Digital Humanities 2011.
- Robust Registration of Manuscript Images. 9th ACM/IEEE-CS Joint Conference on Digital Libraries. 2009.
- Opportunities for Epigraphy in the Context of 3D Digitization. ASGLE 2009 joint APA/AIA Panel.
- The Use of Micro-CT in the Study of Archaeological Artifacts. 9th International Art Conference in Jerusalem on Non-destructive Investigation and Analysis. 2008.
- Imaging the Venetus A Manuscript for the Homer Multitext. Digital Humanities 2008.
- A Catadioptric Projector System with Application to Pseudo HDR Display (Poster). ACM SIGGRAPH 2007.
As seen on:
- “A Collaboratory for Classics”. Campus Technology. .
- “Ancient documents go digital at Duke”. WRAL. .
- “Duke Classics Scholar Finds Another Home in the Library”. The Chronicle of Higher Education. .
- “Coolest jobs in tech: decoding life, touring solar systems”. Ars Technica. .
- “UK team digs into data from scroll scans”. Lexington Herald-Leader. .
- “The Next Age of Discovery”. Wall Street Journal. .
- “Backpack helps researcher working in imaging of ancient texts”. 37signals. .